Our startups, portfolio companies and partnerships
Young startups and established companies, portfolio investments and partnerships of the Blue Minds Group
- Excellent news for our portfolio company Pexapark: The leading company in software and advisory services for renewable energy sales, has completed a second round of Series B funding for a total of €8m.
- Techhouse has been selected by the European Commission to be a European Digital Innovation Hub (EDIH).
- The Blue Minds Company and HS Timber Group sell Interfloat Corporation, Europe’s largest solar glass producer, to Borosil Renewables Ltd.
- Energie Burgenland and Fsight launch next stage of their cooperation. The aim is to optimize the predictability of energy consumption through artificial intelligence.
- goodbag receives a mid-six-figure investment.
- The Blue Minds Company is part of the winners of the NIS 500 million new tech incubator program of the Israel Innovation Authority. Together with the leading global corporations like Other Sources Energy Group (OSEG), TotalEnergies, Eren Industries, IP Innovative Power, BGV and DK Innovation, The Blue Minds Company will manage a climate incubator that includes a venture capital fund for early stage climate tech start-ups.
- Foresight Energy Ltd.(FSIGHT), the high-tech company in the field of energy data analysis co-founded in Israel by Austrian investors, closes a financing round of almost 2 million euros, gaining Bernd Hinteregger as a new investor in the process.
- Pexapark partners with Fluence to accelerate the clean energy transition through combining advanced market intelligence and energy storage insights.
- Upper Austrian hae.sh generates €1.3m with successful seed financing – Investors focus on growth potential of continuous audit due to faster control processes
- Cylus raises $30M Series B to help protect trains and metros worldwide. More: https://techcrunch.com/2021/12/15/cylus-raises-30m-series-b-to-help-protect-trains-and-metros-worldwide/?guccounter=1
- The Interfloat Corporation is investing EUR 100 million in its production site in Tschernitz. This represents the largest investment programme in the company’s history for the Glasmanufaktur Brandenburg GmbH (GMB) and thus a clear commitment to the production site in Brandenburg and an important step towards further expanding renewable energies in Europe.
- Cirunomics wins the 3rd place at “The Spark – the German digital award” where the top three of the “Net Zero Tech” startups were awarded by McKinsey and Handelsblatt.
- 250 million exit for has·to·be: The Austrian start-up has·to·be, which specialises in charging management for e-cars, is being taken over by the US charging station operator ChargePoint. The deal is the largest start-up exit in Austria to date.
- The start-up Circunomics, which promotes the second life and recycling of lithium-ion batteries, closes another financing round of almost two million euros. Google ranks the company among the top 5 start-ups worldwide in the field of the circular economy.
- Drei and Keepers launch app to detect child bullying on social networks. It is the first app in German-speaking countries that recognizes bullying thanks to artificial intelligence. More at ww.drei.at/keepers
- Pexapark and the European Energy Exchange (EEX) announce cooperation for risk management solutions in renewables sector
Aral, BP’s gas station brand in Germany and has·to·be gmbh are teaming up to deliver 500 ultra-fast charge points at over 120 locations by the end of 2021.
- FSIGHT extends its battery optimization cooperation with SBB after winning the SBB Adaptathon. Fsight’s PoC demonstrated the high potential of its Energy AI platform to optimize battery flexibility. The focus of the cooperation will be on developing a joint platform to optimize SBB’s battery swarm storage portfolio, which will soon become one of the largest in Europe. More: https://www.fsight.io/news/fsight-won-the-sbb-adaptathon-and-starts-extended-cooperation-with-sbb
- Powur became the fastest growing residential solar company in America in 2020.
Who we work with
Our clients are industrial production and service-providing companies, NGOs, public institutions, municipalities and cities. We provide customized services to those who want to participate in the current energy transition with innovative business concepts. We assist our clients to successfully face the complex challenges that come with shaping a more sustainable, resource-efficient and CO2 emissions-reduced yet affordable energy future. We provide targeted support in creating a vision, designing business and technology strategies, building effective organizational structures, and introducing novel business models and operational processes.
Our approach is to work with decision-makers from across the organization: in strategy & business development, R&D, production and marketing, and general management. We provide tailored consulting teams and specific experts depending on the specific project and concrete strategic challenge.
Where else are we involved?
Networks boost creativity and allow for the combination of knowledge and experience. These synergies provide a fertile ground for the innovative potential to be realized and breakthrough innovations to be developed. Together we are stronger.
FemaleFounders, Austrian Chinese Business Association, Board of Friends of the Albertina, Board of Trustees of the Vienna Konzerthaus